Tuesday, March 21, 2006

New Bonds Forged


Friends come, friends go. Some stay a while, make your life better and then leave. Others stay forever, seeing everything: good, bad and ugly. Some have always been there, but they were inconspicuous. Friends come, friends go; but each is one to thank.

I started my ninth year in the Choice School most reluctantly. My class I found was HORRENDOUSLY HORRIBLY HATEFUL. I had not a friend who I was close to. And as they say the grass is greener on the other side, I found my friends' classes the ones I should have fit in perfectly. But they put me in the misfit class. I still think that I'd rather sit at home than spend another year in the same class(thank God we're getting shuffled).
But having common enemies reaps friendship, it is said. For me, and two of my friends this statement proved very true. Our common enemy was everyone who conspired in putting us into that class. The three of us despised everything about it. And that brought us together.
My friends are Shalini and Sanya. And thanks to them, the second half of the year proved to be an awesome time for me. If there's anything I'm going to miss from this year, its their company.
We formed a bond between ourselves that brought us close in our differences. We laughed enough to make drew Carey look bad! We got into trouble too, for a few misdeeds. But we sort of stuck together.
All three of us have friends outside class. Friends who we consider our real friends. Each of us silently thought that the other two were only replacements to friends in class, until we got out. But as the last days of school approached, we found, with lumps in our throats that we had grown on each other. From seeing each other everyday to sneaking out of trouble we had gotten through this horrendously horribly hateful class together. And I'm genuinely going to miss the crazy, perverted, funny times the three of us had.
We signed our school uniform ties today. With phone numbers, names and things that we want to remember form last year. We hugged. We formed a pact. The PPP. We split a three flowered twig among ourselves. We promised to knock off "certain people" when we get a chance. We hugged some more. I picked up shalini because she's so short and Sanya's so tall. We're working on a poem. We are working on our memories so that we don't forget to say hi to each other. We are brushing up our telepathic skills as backup if our memories(as afore mentioned) fail.
we maybe separable, but PPP WILL SECRETLY BLESS AND CURSE AND FOREVER REIGN UPON US AS PsYCHIC SIsTERS.

love you Shalu and Sani always.

3 comments:

Samara said...

mari..i luv u too...!
i'm gonna miss u nxt yr...plz dont hate me 4 findin your blog, i'm SOO...... SORRY!

Anonymous said...

huh??

Anonymous said...

hehe, was i one of the mis-fits u wanted to knock off? ~NAV