Saturday, September 09, 2006

Hate School? Join the Club.

My Onam holidays are over. It's a depressing realization that I have to go back to that horrible place on Monday. School Sucks. It's H-E-L-L. I can't stand school. Here's why:

1. I'm in the tenth. The beginning of the toughest years of CBSE education. I have nothing to look forward to in my 11th and 12th, from what I've heard. All I have up ahead is a tons of studying, a lot of mugging, maybe a little learning, and a whole lot of crap from teachers and parents. Great.

2. I don't enjoy hanging out with my batch anymore. I was never a loner, but these past few months, my entire batch just sickness me. How they go around with each other and how they look like they're not studying but in truth they are. They're always out partying or hanging out and enjoying themselves. Hey that's great! But I'm just not interested anymore. The whole teenage flirting and freaking out has been a little toned down for me lately.

3. There are exams every three weeks. Midterms, Half -yearlys, third terms, models, and how could I forget the fabulous boards. In all, we have 8 sets of exams in a span of 10 months. And then there's Internal assessments, projects, vivas, practicals, what not. If u find that hard to believe, obviously you're not Indian.

4. Basketball season starts next week. It's great to play basketball, but that is just going to mean more missing classes, more staying back at school for practice, more time lost. More work and less energy.

5. My Half-yearly exam results will be out. Now, unlike everyone around me, my academic capabilities aren't at their peak right now. I've been failing myself a lot these days. So the one thing I'm dreading is returning to horrid school to see my grades. What a great way to start the new term(sarcasm).

Somebody tell me there's hope!!!

2 comments:

Brigitte said...

Hi Imperfect, thanks for stopping by my blog earlier, I apreciate your 2 cents worth. So it's back to school hey, there is definitely hope. School is not permanent and before you know it you've flown through 10th grade and are practically finishing 12th grade!! Then what? I am sure your grades won't be that bad, you may just surprise yourself. Be positive - school can definitely be the best years of ones life

Anonymous said...

who gives a sh*t if ur grades r bad neway.......we dont even have grades o.O roflmao...... ur one of those ppl who acts asif their not studyin but r actually mugging the whole text..dont try to fool me :P ..... nav