Thursday, July 03, 2008

Love is like..

I was thinking one day about love and all of it that i have inside me and i found an analogy which, at the moment seems fitting.
Love is like Quicksand.

There i was, minding my own business, watching the skies and as unexpectedly as ever, i fell straight into love; just like a wanderer falls into a puddle of quicksand. If you resist it, it pulls you down even more, so i didn't fight. i just let it be, i let this love come into me. Slowly, yet surely i was up to my neck in love. Only my head was sticking out of the puddle. After some more time my mouth went down, my nose went down and that's when i realised it was taking over me. It was a part of me now, there was nothing i could do to break free. This love was engulfing me with its power. I could not breathe, i could not see, i could not think. And gently, ever so gently, it took the life out of me.
Here i am now, left for dead. Because love, like quicksand, shows no mercy. At the end of it all, you simply crumble into dust.

In retrospect, i wouldn't regret falling into quicksand. There's a hefty price to pay for the greatest, most exhilarating moments in your life, but somehow it all seems worth it.

3 comments:

Liisa said...

Oh my gosh..
The way you write is just soooo beautiful. The words are so pure and honest, there is air between the lines; and the whole text is floating, yet so strong.
I enjoy reading your stuff. It's really inspiring. :)

Imperfect said...

thanks lia....thanks for coming once in a while. i love the company :D

Liisa said...

I visit this place quite often, actually, hoping to find some new thoughts of yours to read :P